Atholl House is Dunvegan's former Manse, built in 1907; we still have the old Chapel in the grounds. Whilst retaining original character of the old Manse we offer a modern, comfortable base from which to explore the magical 'misty Isle' of Skye.
Atholl House is in the heart of the historic village of Dunvegan, only a mile from the famous Dunvegan Castle. We are ideally situated for walkers and drivers with easy access by car to some of the most spectacular landscapes to be found anywhere in the world. We are happy to share with you some of our favourite spots, including many well away from the best known places.
Atholl House is a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy our hospitality whilst appreciating the beauty of the Island.
Mike and Jennie Chapman have been the proud owners of Atholl House since November 2021. Mike and Jennie also run a local sister business, Skye Getaways, which offers close-by self-catering accommodation. Our staff are carefully selected as a team who love to create that extra special welcome for all our guests.
We are taking steps to continually improve our environmental sustainability We have already implemented the following measures -
- Installing a commercial composter for our vegetable waste and will distribute the compost made to local community groups.
- Using refillable toiletries of Scottish products
- Banning single use plastic drinks bottles
- Separating and recycling as much waste as possible
- Using as many environmentally friendly refillable products as possible for our cleaning.
- Buying local produce as much as possible - for example most of our salad leaves are organically grown locally and bread made locally, We source Scottish produce from smaller producers such as artisan cheeses, charcuterie and drinks.
- Offering a good selection of vegan and vegetarian options on our menus
- Installing low energy lightbulbs
We are also planning further loft insulation, installation of more double glazing and further energy saving measures over the next few months.
We really welcome our guests support and ideas for any future initiatives with our environmental efforts.
Skye Neist Point Sunset
Relax at Atholl House
Atholl House exterior